Brad Paisley sang it best: "Yeah, I live for, little moments, like that. When you steal my heart again and don't even know it..."
Little things you do each day literally stop me in my tracks and make me catch my breath. They are so sweet and I want so badly to remember them. Here's a few recent things:
The way you go limp on my shoulder right before I put you to sleep at night.
Your soft, sweet little hand around my finger as I walk you around the house.
Your incredibly soft hair and how it feels to kiss it!
Your fingers tapping my arm as I nurse you.
Your noisy sighs as I nursed you during your first week at home.
Hearing you giggle more than I ever have, as you sat on our bed and listened to Daddy make really funny noises.
Watching you sit straight up/forward in the stroller and hold onto the front barrier. No laid back ride for you, you were ready to explore the shops and trail we went on!
Seeing you gaze at the ocean for the first time, your eyes and face truly looked so content and peaceful.
Watching you learn to eat-opening your mouth wide, closing on the spoon and your cheeks looking adorably chubby as you swallow. You wait so patiently and expectantly at me to feed you. I love that I got to teach you something you'll be doing all your life.
I keep looking at one and two year olds and know that you will one day be that big and mobile and will probably not want to be cuddled like you do now. Those times will have special moments all to themselves, too, but I am so happy with all your sweet baby moments I have right now.
Love,
Mommy
Update: Not all moments are so polished. Today I fed you, let you play for a minute on your tummy, then absentmindedly yet excitedly picked you up over my head to have you squirt spit up all over my face, hair and even IN my eye, to which you smiled!! Grosses thing you've done to me to date! Oh well, that's what babies do and it didn't dampen my time with you one bit, lil bugger;)
Awww thats nice
ReplyDelete