Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy 3 Months!

Month 3-Smiles, Laughs and Coos:


Hey, buddy!  You just get more and more fun!  I’ve finally stopped having complete one-way conversations with you as you’ve started to coo, a lot!  This morning when you woke up and were stretching awake on your mat, you were so vocal, even without me making noises at you first.  It sounds almost like ‘da…da” although we both know you’re going to say “mama” first, right!?!  Even more fun was when you woke up from your nap and we were all snuggling together, you just giggled out of the blue a few times (well, later I realized I’d accidentally found your ticklish spot on your side)!  Daddy and I had a good laugh with you.  Your laughs and smiles are so so cute!  Most of the time I see them when you look at yourself in the mirror or when I’m helping you stand up, things you’re always happy doing.  I haven’t caught many on camera, though, since I am usually using both hands and when you see the camera, you’re so inquisitive you stare right at it.  Occasionally, if you’re crying hard and then look into my eyes and listen to my voice, you’ll calm for a few seconds.  I love that you’re more and more aware of me and that I can comfort you.  You also do the cutest little stare towards your fist before taking it to your mouth or using your fingers to grasp your rattle.  When you use your hands to grasp things and suck your thumb to soothe yourself, they are so soft and precious to me.  I love to hear you make noises and imagine what your little voice will sound like in a year and more.




Today we finally went back to church.  All our friends were there in the lobby to greet us and see you before we headed into the (too loud) auditorium for worship music-I covered your ears the whole time.  You were content to look around and let mommy sing songs until the pastor started preaching and you slept in your car seat for the rest of the service.  You were a perfect little baby, although you don’t have to be.  The sermon was on suffering and trials.  One thing Pastor JD said was to know that God is greater than any of his blessings, so even when you don’t have happiness in your life, you can still have God and thus, you can still have joy.  I was thinking what a wonderful, happy blessing you are to my heart and yet, you are just a shadow of how good God is! 



Grandpa Lane and Grandma Fritzie came to visit you, again, and take Mommy and Daddy out to eat, again;)  We had a wonderful meal at Firebirds and then walked around the mall, indoors and out in the gorgeous fall weather.  Grandma kept saying how alert you are and how much you stare at me.  They both love to hold you so much and enjoyed seeing you awake for the first time since you were born! 



You’ve also started to shorten some of your naps and have more awake time.  As I was in the middle of making a quiche when you woke up after only 45 minutes once this week, I placed you in your baby papizon at the edge of the kitchen and decided to fill you in on just how it is done…your first cooking lesson!  You’ve been so happy and content this month that I just know you’re going to grow up and be a sweet, good boy.



We also went to Asheville for a few days to enjoy the fall color-your first trip out of town.  We loaded the car down with so much of your stuff as well as Rylee and her crate that I joked we will one day need a bigger car if we have any more kids and want to go out of town.  Thankfully, it was really warm when we got there, which allowed us to take you on an afternoon hike.  Daddy carried you in the bjorn and you enjoyed staring up at all the leaves on the trees for a long while before you finally dozed off.  This was our first hike since you were born and you and Rylee both loved it.  The next day we all went on a walk at a park and then tried to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway some more, but you wanted out of your carseat more than ever before, so we shortened the drive but managed to stop at a few scenic overlooks before heading home.  We wanted to hike more and maybe picnic on the grass among the leaves, but it got cold and rainy, so we opted for a warm, dry drive home.  Surprisingly, you had your best sleep yet in the Pack n’ Play in the hotel room…eight hours in a row followed by four more!  You even continued this trend when we got home…thank you, baby!








Today is Halloween, which makes for a really fun way to celebrate your last day as a two month old.  We were going to our friend’s house to enjoy it with their neighbors and our small group from church, but we got rained out (you were tired anyway).  I couldn’t decide at the store what you should dress up as that was warm, comfortable and cute.  So today, I’m made your “costume,” Noah’s Ark! 




Life in North Carolina has been good, but it is still hard to be away from our Florida family, especially now that we have you and want you close to your Granna, grandparents, aunts, and cousins.  Your daddy and I just keep praying for the Lord to guide us in where we should live in the future (we wait expectantly as our lease runs up in May).  But in the meantime, I am reminded that God knows our needs and has blessed us indeed where we are.  We have such thoughtful and generous friends that have given/loaned us so much for you without us even asking: a pack n’ play, an exesaucer, a swing, a baby papizon, a bumbo, a door jumper, a winter ‘bundle me’ for your carseat on walks, a body carrier and lots of clothes.  Not to mention all the very nice gifts we got from your many baby showers.  Just about the only thing we bought was your crib, some shelves, a dresser and your stoller (most of which we got with gift money from both sides of grandparents).  Aunt Lynn said you’re the only first born baby she knows that has so many (nice) hand-me-downs! 



You’ve melted my heart a million times this month, Little Love.  I enjoy every minute with you and am so grateful for this time in our lives. 

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs. Tyus! Your baby is the most ADORABLE THING! He was so sweet at school yesterday and I loved seeing you again. I love the Noah's Ark costume (I saw the cow)! I can't believe it's already been three months! You look great and so does Noah. Your family is like the perfect three! I can't wait to read more posts! Have a great evening and tell Noah I said hello! Best wishes and lots of love, Erica

    ReplyDelete