Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving, Noah!

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.  Psalm 118:1


This month, I’m thankful for:
YOU! This time in your life, enjoying you as a little baby.
Your sweet profile that I can kiss over and over
Hearing you laugh as I dress you or kiss your tummy
Your good health and how incredibly strong you are- you’re always standing up, so steady, and are getting close to sitting up by yourself!
Your incredibly sweet, happy babble that acts as my alarm clock each morning
Being able to see you grab your first object, pick it up and mouth it
Your joyful smiles as we babble or look in the mirror
Not having to wash tons of bottles because I’m able to breastfeed
Being able to buy you some new clothes since you’re growing so tall
Your little bit of independence-you can entertain yourself for longer periods
Your physical and emotional dependence on me-that you’re still immobile, that you stare at me across the room and when someone else holds you or pushes you in the stroller
To have you as my walking buddy and being able to see and enjoy the fall leaves this year
Being with you during the day to cuddle you or simply comfort you when you’re having a hard time
For your daddy, who is willing to work hard and provide for us so I can be with you all the time.
That you have a daddy who loves you so much-he likes to walk you around holding you with one arm…its so cute.
For your daddy, who grocery shops with us to make the process with a baby way easier!
That you’re starting to sleep 8-9 hours at night, only waking up once to feed (most nights;)
To have you as my little best friendJ







As always, I am constantly thankful for family, friends, our good health, our freedom, all our needs (and even wants) being met, and my salvation through Jesus Christ.  Which leads me to the following…


Daddy and I pray for you every night.  We want you to grow up and know how much the Lord loves you and allow Him to use you to be a light to this world. This month I bought some tastefully designed ABC Scripture memory cards (from lillightomine.com) to put up around our home-in frames, on the fridge, on stands, etc.. We’ll practice them together over the years and add our own.  I’ve started by pulling the ones that go with the letters of your name to put over your changing table so we’re talking about them all the time!



Just look at my list above-I’m crazy about you!  And the Lord loves you even more than I do!  Just like your little book says, “Thank you most of all, dear God, for watching us with love.”  Happy Thanksgiving, Tiny Bear!





Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment