Monday, December 5, 2011

Four Months…Getting big!



Hey babe!  I love you!  This is such a fun age.  You are really getting to be such a big boy: sitting up almost, awake longer, responding and smiling all the time!  I am having so much fun with you, not to mention it is so much easier to do things with you now that you can pretty much hold yourself up and are more predictable with your sleeping times.  Today you came with me to get a pedicure and sat/stood on my lap the entire time…what a good baby!  Thank you for that; I had a wonderful timeJ







 
You’re four months old now, measured 26 inches (80%) and weighed 15 lbs. 12 oz. (70%) at your last doctor’s appointment.  I am so grateful you are healthy and growing strong!  I am reminded how extremely blessed we are, too, to have such a healthy baby and the means to keep you that way now that I’ve been reading a biography/memoir called “Kisses from Katie.”  It is about an 18 year-old girl from Nashville, TN, who moved to Uganda to first teach and then care for and adopt “the least of these” (mostly children who were severely malnourished, sick, hurting and in some cases, unloved).  I won’t go into specifics, but will say that just reading about such innocent little lives suffering is heart wrenching to me and only fuels my desire to live sufficiently and give extravagantly to the poor and His kingdom, as Jesus calls us to do.  We are so blessed; and “to whom much has been given, much will be required” (Luke 12:48).  I hope you not only read the book one day, but also see that kind of gospel love lived out in our lives and in our home because “whoever finds his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for His sake will find it” (Matthew 10:39).  Heavy stuff for a 4 month old, I know, but these are my thoughts these days!



Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment