My Little Beach Bum,
No trip to FL is complete without a trip to the beach! Luckily, it never takes any convincing for your Aunt Lynn to want to go along, too. The four of us headed out to Clearwater today for your first trip and Matthew's second trip to the beach. It was really a perfect day! I had prayed the Lord would protect us before we went, and He sure did! Besides a safe drive over there and warm and sunny weather, we found some shade next to the (only) Lifeguard stand on the beach. We plopped our blanket down, enjoyed our Publix subs, talked some faith and family, and let you two play away.
After that, we wisked you two down to the water's edge to let you feel the surf and sit in the wet sand, something I've anticipated you two doing since we visited last time when Aunt Lynn and I were both pregnant with you guys. I loved being the one to introduce you to the ocean and watching you stare out at it for the first time. Matthew loved playing (and eating) the sand while you enjoyed the feel of standing on the wet sand.
Even though you're only four and a half months old and Matthew is only six months old, it was really clear that you both loved the beach, like your moms. Neither of you had slept much at that point, yet you were both so calm...so calm, that you eventually were both able to fall asleep (the white noise of the wind and waves probably helped, too). After some high fives for ourselves for 'our' accomplishment of getting you both to sleep, Aunt Lynn and I thought we'd try to toss the frisbee, glancing at you guys after every throw. I was a little rusty, though, and after I hit an innocent man walking by in the head with the disc, we called it quits!
Before we left, I nursed you, so relaxed, with my feet in the sand, looking out over the water. The beach is always gorgeous, but having you in my arms with me made it truly awesome!
Love,
Mommy
















That's a great summary of a wonderful day. I wish I had taken Matthew to the beach more often while I was on leave, especially with this mild fall/winter we have had.
ReplyDeleteAwwww! That's super cute! Merry Christmas, Mrs. Tyus!(you, too Tyus family!)
ReplyDeleteGot a blogger account
ReplyDeleteVery cute. Hope u had a good Christmas :-)
Hope to see u soon