Sunday, October 7, 2012

Summer days...

Picnic at the park

August 1st, 2012! 
Love you, buddy.  This has been the best year!!

Into trucks now

Here’s some things you can do now that you’re ONE!!!
whistle!
sign language for bird and please, unprompted
dance
climb up onto the bed
walk out to the car with me
throw a ball
hold and eat an entire banana by yourself
play peek-a-boo
pat your head and touch your ears
give sloppy kisses
stack small wooden rings on a stick


@ Chick fil A.  They remembered us from Cow day and brought us sundaes on the house and sang to you!

You like trying to use the spoon

Aunt Lynn and Matthew flew back to NC with us from Indy to spend more time with us until your party.  It was great…at least to me!  You were still recovering from being sick and weren’t so sure about having people in your space all the time:0  We did lots of fun stuff with them and Aunt Lynn watched you boys while I got a haircut and a new dress and got a much-needed break.  By the end of the week, you’d had it with sharing your toys (although you are SO good at going to friends’ homes and playing with theirs), and you bit Matthew, hard, two times.  Each time you got a slap on your leg and a timeout and then a quick "I love you, I forgive you, We don't bite" talk.  I hated seeing you make a bad choice and hurt others and yourself.  Again, this behavior thing is all really a heart issue, too.  So I prayed for you to grow to be generous and kind, just as God, in Christ, is to us.  Thankfully, be the last night of their stay, you did share with him.  I have noticed you are pretty good with it when someone asks and waits for you to give something over, but those poor kids your age can’t talk yet to help you or themselves out!
Dancing to worship music while dinner cooks





weeeee!

xoxo


How y'all rode on the train, same as on the boat (one up, one down!)

Both of your first independent ride!






No comments:

Post a Comment