Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Passing the time...

Bubby,
   I tell you this almost everyday as I put you to sleep, but I have so much fun with you...I just love being with you!  These are some things we've been doing in and around our home this month to keep us busy when we're not meeting up with friends. 
  My friend makes her own bread using a starter that her grandmother has kept alive for 28 years!  She gave us a loaf, and it smelled SO good we decided we were going to do the same.  Patiently we made the starter and now every Friday, we make two loaves of bread with it, one sourdough and one cinnamon raisin.  Its fun to always have one to give away to a friend, too!  I let you stand on a stool all the time in the kitchen so you'll learn to cook and bake at an early age.  You particularly enjoyed kneading the dough!
Doing the karate chop, like she showed me.





Checking out the "snow"/ice.  Last year you only sat on a waterproof pad for about 5 seconds while I took a picture of you in the snow...this year, you were stomping around in it while Rylee ran figure 8's around us.


Wore yourself out, but wanted to keep the hat on:)


Bought a little felt, like they do at the Library, and match it with objects that start with that letter.  You already know "D" stands for Daddy and take it to him each time!

The rest of these are from when Daddy got home from a work trip out of town.  You really did miss him, and it was so so precious seeing you climb all over him and do anything you could to interact with him.  Daddies are special things!





"I love you."

                                 Love,
                          Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment