Monday, February 11, 2013

Big Time!

Hey Little Man,


Saying "teese"

  You've definitely crossed over to big boy territory now...peeing in the potty once or twice a day!!! What!?!  Crazy!! I noticed you could go on command in the tub, so I got you a baseball potty seat (you love balls), put you on it and asked you to go...you did it!! Later that night when I was telling Daddy about it, you ran in there on your own, wanting to show him (precious!).  What a big boy! And you love the marshmallows you get as a treat after you go;)

  You really enjoy imitating-me, books, animals, other kids.  Your favorite animal to imitate is a gorilla thumping his chest and your favorite emotion to imitate from a book is a sad face and fake cry (it comes out more of a smile and cute little squint, tho!).  It amazes me how smart you are...if you hear me talking to Dave or Granna on the phone in long, uninterrupted sentences and say "sad" or "potty" or anything else you recognize, you start doing that action.  Such a reminder to me to watch what I say and make sure it is helpful for building others up (Ephesians 4:29).

Here we are on one of the random warmer, sunny days in February...my last couple days of being 29, enjoying life with my little boyfriend;)

I LOVE these hugs...I could stand up and swing you around and you still wouldn't fly off, you hang on so tightly and giggle in my ear.  (Did this while we were talking with the Doctor!)

Being silly, running in circles and cracking yourself up


  You're not the only one getting older...I turned the big 3-0!  I really did go back and forth about liking/hating this new number, but have settled on the following:
Gone are the days of looking at my face in a close up mirror!
I have some wrinkles, but two of them are smile wrinkles, so if I just keep smiling no one will see them;) (Someone also recently complimented me on my teeth for being so white and beautiful, thank you mom/gran, and I thought, I am going to focus on the positives that aren't going to change with age:)
Twenties were fun, filled with college, getting married, starting teaching, moving and having YOU, but they were also very stressful at times...hopefully this new decade will be more relaxed and steady
I like this age because I like this stage of my life: being a mom of a young child!
And finally, I am grateful to God for giving me life and sustaining and protecting me thus far (sounds sad, but I often remember a girl I knew during my elementary years in the Tampa Bay Children's Choir who died of leukemia when she was about 8...she would have loved to live to see 30...perspective changes everything!).

 Anyway, we had a fun day going to LaFarm Bakery with our friends and then to a little open gym for all you kiddos. Daddy got me two dozen roses, take out and a movie for that night and the next night we went on a date to see Life of Pi and to Chili's.  We had a really nice time and you did great when my friend Leigh came over to watch you, immediately showing her all your toys and books.

My mommy friends and daytime companions:
Mary, Angela, Mary and Lily (and Denise, not pictured:)
ha, look at Noah in the back, really, we were watching our kids!

Sharing the cheese wedge with Eli, 2 days older than Noah


retro toy


Grant and Noah, 1 day apart


We love our sweet friends!

Didn't snap this until 5 days after I had them...woops! kind of on their way out now, but they were beautiful!

  Recently we played in a shallow creek along a walking trail.  I love showing you the fun of the outdoors, telling you you're a great hiker for the few steps we're off the pavement, teaching you how to throw a stick into the current on one side of a bridge and watch it come out the other side, throw rocks, dig in sand, wash your hands off in the water or just wipe them on your clothes, and what a flat rock looks like in your hand and as it skips across the water.  Whenever I thought of outdoorsy fun of living in NC, I always thought of playing in creeks as we didn't have those in FL growing up...and if there ever were, you stayed away b/c of gators!! (side note, we checked for snakes;)  Of course, Rylee is always with us and is in heaven running around off leash in the water...she fetched a ball you threw in the current and ran after every rock we tossed in the water!  And both of you love being able to run free along the trail and get some energy out (at the doctor's 18 month checkup, the behavior checklist described it as a "stiff run" at this age...it is and is so cute!).




  Speaking of running, you have also had a blast at a local stretch n grow class.  There are songs and circle time, parachute time, basketball hoops, stamps on your hands and even belly, and your favorite two, running the length of the gym on the count of "3" and collecting tons of small balls that are thrown into the air into your basket and then dumping them back into the instructor's bag. Just have a mind's eye picture of it, but your huge smile and giggle as we run and your look of amazement at all the balls coming down on and around you as they are thrown is priceless!  I have fewer pictures on the computer these days because I've been taking so many on my new phone:) and texting them to Daddy throughout the days.  You love to look at them, too!




Here are some shots from a little Valentine's Day party we went to and us playing in the sunshine afterwards.


My sweet little Valentine <3



                                                                                                     I love you, Sweet Pea,
                                                                                                                           Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment