Monday, December 3, 2012

The LIVING Word!


Today, I want to stop and read His word because I was hearing a faint lie, disguised as a guilt trip, because of some things from our morning...Nothing huge, but these are the little daily moments I want you to know about and see how you can "walk with the Lord."

We met up with my friend, her baby and their dog so our dogs could run a trail and we could walk it.  You were grumpy and pretty much just wanted to hit the other little girl.  It’s your age, your teeth, the cold and cough you’re getting over; but still, I was feeling a little bad you’re not “nicer.”  But I, and God, don’t love you because you’re “good” or nice or well-behaved.  We love you because you’re OURS and you belong to us (and you have Christ’s perfect righteousness).  The Holy Spirit kept reminding me that my job isn’t to raise “good” kids, but kids that know to turn to Him in their sin, in all moments and see His goodness.  To let Him change you from the inside out as you catch glimpses of His grace towards you.  Daily, my job is to lead you to the cross.

So then I read Proverbs 29 (since it was Nov. 29th) and look at what the living word said to me: “Discipline your son, and he will give you peace; He will bring delight to your soul.” Vs. 17  It was like Jesus was standing in front of me saying, “Don’t worry, my child.  Keep up the good work with Noah-loving and correcting him, praying for him as he naps, and he will grow up to bring your soul peace.  I am with you in this and will guide him.”

Even worrying what my friend may think of you or me for it was brought under the word in vs. 25, “Fear of man will prove to be a snare/trap, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.”  Turn to Him in all moments, baby.  Open His word and let him speak to you, calm your heart, and be the authority in your life.  Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you (James 4:8).

No comments:

Post a Comment