You did it, my little walker!!
Gosh, I was beyond excited on Saturday when you walked across the room
about five feet with just my hand in front of you, ready to catch you. Seriously, it was so unexpected because it
was late at night and you’d not been feeling well (your first real fever-102
degrees for a couple days…more teeth??).
What a fun surprise! You even
showed it off a little for your grandparents when they came for a visit this
Sunday. Going to get a walking video in the next couple days.
We love playing with the Sherards...great to have friends that can just hang last minute, pack up moving boxes together, eat lunch, go on walks, whatev...
Friends we met at Library storytime..minus Grant, the only other boy!
"Dave, hurry, take a picture of him asleep on my shoulder...oh, he woke up:0"
I love you, too, buddy.
You had a hot fever, so we put you in this to keep with the theme...:(
You've got Grandma to thank for your red-hair undertones:) I love watching her with you and hearing her talk sweetly to you, its like I get to see a little how daddy was loved when he was your age.
We <3 Tribecca Tavern...thanks Lane and Fritzie!!
Granddaddy loves holding babies and you love looking at cell phones:)
You also went to your first concert this weekend (by this time, you were feeling better and over your fever). It was so fun! Our church’s worship team just came out with an album that celebrates the Gospel and what God has been doing in our hearts at the Summit…mainly, the truth and joy of Jesus In My Place. It is so freeing to know that Jesus lived the life we could not live, died the death that we deserved and rose again to give us new life! Its not about living the “Christian” life but about celebrating what God has done for us, through Christ. Here’s a few more truths of the Gospel to saturate yourself in daily:
In Christ, there is nothing I could do to make you
love me more and nothing I could do to make you love me less.
You (God) are all I need for everlasting joy.
As You have been to me, so I will be to others.
When I pray, I’ll measure your compassion by the
cross and your power by the resurrection.
I heard someone talk about praying Scripture over your kids and have started doing this for you. The singer tonight, Matt Papa, sang and talked about what a true revival is-having a sensitivity to what the Spirit of God is doing and having a heightened level of obedience to Him. Yep, I made that into a prayer for you and for our family. He’s already working it…this Sunday morning your Aunt Lynn had sensitivity and obedience to the Spirit to show her decision in following Christ through baptism-she got dunked!!
Walking in with daddy and his good friend and workout guru, Chris.
Enjoying worship music! I held you, bounced you around and sang to you and let you stand some. Then, we went to the lobby to cool off and let you walk around some where you saw four 3 year old boys playing with small cars and trucks...you were entranced and wanted to be one of the big boys, so cute (gonna get you some trucks soon!).
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment