My little man,
Since staying home with you this past year, I’ve had more time to devote to reading and thinking, specifically, about what it important in life and what things I want to transfer on to you as you grow. The list is long, but one thing I’ll share with you now is the importance of being outward focused. Certain things have drawn my attention to this including the mission of our church, “Love God, Love Others, Love Our World,” The Hole In Our Gospel by Richard Stearns (READ IT!), a blog I enjoy to empower moms to change little lives through innovation in the home, Lillightomine.com, and of course, the Bible.
It is my daily prayer that you grow to know the free love of God in Christ, displayed on the cross and share it with others in word and tangible deeds. I have been truly blessed with a handful of opportunities the Lord has brought to me over the past few months to invest in others, many of which you’ve come along for the ride;) The Bible is true when it says, “He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed!” (Proverbs 11:25). We have given to others and had so much joy in the process. In addition to the great calling and satisfaction I have from pouring into you, He has given me such contentment and fulfillment in life. I think there are many traps we can fall into in this world if we are not purposeful with our life and time, one being self-centeredness vs. others focused. (Another great quote, by John MacArthur, “The true gospel is a call to self-denial. It is not a call to self-fulfillment.”)
In fact, Daddy and I had a chance last weekend to share some of our money, time and energy with a dear family in our church. For me, it was one of the best days in our marriage so far as I felt so unified in purpose and thoroughly enjoyed serving together.
Another group of precious people the Lord brought to our path is the kids that play outside our place on the playground. They always make such happy noise, so I gave them all Popsicles one day, introduced myself and said how I enjoyed hearing them play and that the Lord loves them and thinks they’re special, too. They are like my new fan club, calling my name and coming running whenever we see them! When I told them I’d like to do a Bible study for anyone interested, one girl said she’d love to have a prayer group…Amen to that!
Our 1st meeting!
And they love Rylee so much they came and asked to play with her...ah, YES, PLEASE!
May you be open to God’s will for your life. As Frederick Buechner said, “The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.”
I love you,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment