Monday, February 13, 2012

Granna comes to town!

Liking all the extra attention!
 
Your Granna drove an entire day in the car to come visit us last week!  We had a great time just doing everyday things.  She spent a lot of time playing on the floor with you, talking to you, singing to you when you got upset, feeding you food from a spoon and holding you.  Granna is SO good with you and it reminded me what a good mom I was blessed with.  She loved me and cared for me tirelessly, taught me to love the Lord, has a great perspective on life and knows how to have a lot of fun!  Lucky boy, she's already doing all that with you, too (did I mention she's already planned you and your cousin Matthew's first trip to Lego Land!?!).
 
You warmed up to her quickly and gave her lots and lots of smiles and laughs.  You started babbling a lot more when she came and she, the Speech Therapist, identified many of your noises as different sounds, blends and yes, your doting Granna even thought she heard you say some words-“hi” “bye” and “yeah” J all at appropriate times.  We're thinking the next time you see her you may just remember her from this visit.  Here’s some pictures from our time together.

"Hi, Granna...I missed you."

We had to show her how you love to swing...

Buddies:)
(Not sure who was having more fun, actually)

Your favorite spot-the top

Boo! Who is that over there, Noah?

Happy to play with the new toys Granna brought you.

After library story time. 
You have become very alert to things I point out now...its neat to watch you listening and thinking.

Especially liked looking at the mural.

Getting tired..."Where's my mommy?"

"There she is! All better."

Your first time sitting like a big boy in a shopping cart-you loved watching everything go by.
  
Other new foods you recently tried were peaches, pears and green beans, which you actually loved just as much as bananas!  This simple fact made me so so happy.  I guess I was surprised that you took to it so well and was thrilled that you like greens!  Go baby, go!

Oh, one more small detail is that I just turned 29.  While many say they don’t like turning older, I was happy to celebrate this age because I love my life so much right now and all the blessings God has given me at this age-especially having Daddy and you in my life, being able to spend all my time with you and meeting some great new friends.  Granna came on my birthday so she could watch you while Daddy and I went out to one of my favorite restaurants, Firebirds. Yes, it was a happy birthday!
My sweet friend, Kat, dropped this off for me:)

1st date night out w/out you since you were born!

New friends and park buddies from chruch!

Y'all are too cute!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment