Happy Valentine's Day, My Little Love!
I didn't get you a card, a sweet, or dress you in pink, but I did make sure we had a tickle/wrestle/giggle session today and showered you with kisses:) And as always, I'll say a little prayer for you today to know the love of God at a young age. Here's a bible verse on love that's well-known and was even read at your daddy and my wedding:
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails." 1 Cor. 13
I'm thankful for God's unfailing and unconditional love this Valentine's Day! May it spill out to others around us, too. Which leads me to telling you about some amazing books I've been reading about how to truly love our neighbors. They are so good we're actually buying them instead of just renting them from the library like we normally do. I really hope you read them one day, too:
Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis. This book is based off her blog of the past few years. She moved to Uganda after high school at 18 for a year and ended up staying to teach, start a nonprofit and adopting 15 girls! It is the gospel with shoes on and addresses some hard topics of suffering, too.
The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns, President of World Vision. Just got it and haven't read it yet, but we love what World Vision does. My 90 year old friend, Doris, told me her son-in-law pastor did a series on the book in church and it transformed their church and people's lives. The reviews are by many world leaders, etc.
Love you today, baby.
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment